Landing page optimization is the next step in creating a lovely website. All your hard work reflects here at the landing page of your website & also works as key ingredients for ranking. If your landing page bounce rate is increasing or your conversion rate decreased then you need to start thinking, is the landing page of optimized?
Wait, don’t get confused & think landing page optimization is a complex task. It’s not a rocket science & with careful reading, this blog & step by step action will let you optimize your website. I will make it a step by step guide so that you can run the Landing Page Optimization process easily. Let’s get started,
Take a note that this article is the following content of Complete SEO guide in 30 days so I would strongly recommend reading that first.
- Whenever you provide a hyperlink, always make sure the landing page of the link is relevant to the link. Targeted & relevant page will let the audience stay there & reduce the bounce rate. For example, if someone clicked your link to read about SEO, but you landed him on an on-page SEO page, the possibilities are that audience will find the site irrelevant & leave immediately. Same is true for landing page created for campaigns.
- Use a clear & concise headline, so that a visitor can find the main idea of the article.
- Easy to navigate is one of the best qualities of a landing page.
- Most of the time audiences used to scan the page for the proper information. If you use bullet points, then it will be easy for the audience to get the idea before getting a dive into your content. Remember, the first impression is the last impression. Like right now I am using bullet points to get your attention.
- The clean & direct design makes a page more interesting for an audience. And a CTA (Call To Action) should also be clean & easy to notice.
- Images are the silent part of a website. It has no word on it, but it says a lot. Most of the time we use pictures directly from the web. But it’s not appropriate & you will even in the risk of getting DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) from Google. Search for free licensed pictures like Pixabay.com & search for your desired images. All of them are free & you just need to create an ID using your mail address. Another trick I have learned recently is to search for an image in the Google, then go to tools (from the right bottom corner of the search bar>Usage Rights & click drop down there to find Labeled for reuse. Pictures labeled for reuse don’t need any license to use them.
- Colors should be smooth & I prefer logo or brand color for better presentation. Different color on different sections is also a good practice.
- Make sure that Call To Action should be seen on the screen. If an audience needs to scroll down, then it will not help you to get better conversion.
- Research shows that an audience takes just take 5 seconds to decide if the website is useful & interesting or not. It’s called 5 seconds rules.
- Your page should be more interesting & attractive than your competitors. So you should visit them regularly and consider them as a measurement you should achieve.
- Knowing your audience is another part you should consider improving. If they arrived your site for information, then show them just after arriving at your site. If audiences want to buy a product or service, then the CTA should be next to the review & should be easily visible.
- Trust & consistency are another important features of a better website or page. How can you build trust & consistency? There are several ways to do that. Keep the content information visible on the website. Don’t turn your blog into an e-commerce website. People come here to get a review & if they interested, they would click the CTA button. Over marketing is not good for a blog. Live chat also creates a sense of communication with your audience. Let them know that they can use the chat option & ask questions. Another good feature is customer testimonials. But never use fake review.
- Landing Page SEO is another part of Search Engine Optimization. Use keywords in the page title, Use the keyword phrase in the text & social share buttons will let your audiences interact with the content as well as with your page.
- Different pages should be made for different segments. It’s not appropriate to bring all the audiences from different channels into a single landing page. Create some sections & use them accordingly.
These are some of the major tips from thousands. There are no rules & regulation to create a successful landing page. You can run A/B test on your landing page. Like you can make sample A and run it for few days. Then make sample B & also run it for few days. Now choose the most successful one for your website/page. This is how you will be able to get the best page for your website. Providing an offer is another good tactics. You can use the offer to attract the audience to the page.
I would suggest keeping experimenting with your landing page will let you get the best one. Keep the change & check the result will let you understand, which one is working. A landing page is the first page where the impression of an audience grows or the impression of an audience vanishes. So take it as a billboard of your site & make it interesting, attractive and enjoyable.