Before we start understanding backlinks and implementation lets know what the links are.
A link which is nothing but refers another page. This reference could be in between on a single website or others website.
Links can be divided into two terms.
1. Internal links.
2. External links.
Internal links: Internal links are those when you put a link in your page referring another page or post of your own website. You are telling people that you have some other post or page which might help them with the information for what they are looking for.
Advantage of creating internal links:
1. You can refer another post from your current post to explain in detail.
2. Internal links are more user-friendly and help viewers easily navigate your site.
3. You can drive traffic from one to a different post.
4. It establishes information hierarchy.
5. It reduces bounce rate.
6. Creates better crawling and indexing.
External links: When you mention others website/page/post or someone refer your website/page/post is external links. Simply external links are hyperlink that targets any other domain. You are giving or getting a reference and connecting.
Advantage of external links:
1. It builds relationship.
2. It makes a site valuable and scalable.
3. Search engine rewards this behavior.
4. It creates a post trust worthy.
5. It encourages positive participation and contribution.
Based on reference we can divide external link into two parts.
1. Outbound links.
2. Inbound links.
Outbound links: when you mention others website/page/post in your webpage is called outbound links.
Advantage of inbound links.
1. It helps search engine to identify the nature of your niche.
2. When mentioning any website, you will be noticed by that website. Thus it relationship focused.
3. Regarding your post, viewers will find some reference and they are going to trust you.
Inbound links. When a link coming from another website is called inbound links. Mostly known as backlink.
“Backlink” is mostly used in terms of SEO (search engine optimization). Backlinks carry a crucial weightage in SEO. That’s why understanding backlinks and implementation is a necessity.
Without backlink, your website like an orphan. No one is out there to guide you. Building backlink is like socialize your website.
1. It improves organic ranking.
2. Faster indexing in a search engine.
3. Backlinks help an article to rank higher.
4. It improves domain authority.
5. Increase referral traffic.
There are two faces of a backlink.
One is Nofollow another is DOfollow.
Nofollow: Nofollow link is less important than Dofollow. To know a nofollow but is nothing but a tag which used in a hyperlink.
Example: <a href=”http://www.facebook.com/backlinkbuilding” rel=”nofollow”> How to build a backlink</a>
Nofollow tag stops search spider from crawling the targeted web page. It means they don’t directly refer traffic to your site. Somebody normally doesn’t provide a Dofollow link because they don’t trust you. They don’t find any value in your site to referring you traffic.
But it doesn’t mean nofollow is useless. It’s not like something is better than nothing. Still, it has importance.
1. They may not provide you traffic directly but your presence is there. Viewers will find a reference by their own to come back to you.
2. It helps your site’s PR ranking higher.
3. It helps to build domain authority.
Dofollow: By default every link is Dofollow. It means it has no tag like nofollow.
Example: <a href=”http://www.facebook.com/backlinkbuilding” > How to build a backlink</a>
It is very much important. If anybody provides you a dofollow link then both search engine and human eyes will be able to follow you.
1. For a website traffic is everything. You will get referral traffic.
2. It makes your keyword ranked higher.
3. Your Backlinks Determine How High Your Web Contents Get Indexed.
4. It makes your site’s PR ranking higher.
5. It makes to build domain authority.
6. And most important, it increases your organic traffic.
As we know backlinks come from others website. Now the million dollar question is “Why someone going to give us a backlink. Good news is there is some effective way to get backlink.
1. Write an awesome article which creates value and others tends to refer you. To create a good article follow the article writing blue print.
2. Create an article by advanced blogging system so that gone viral and people influenced to write an article based on yours.
3. Start blog commenting. When commenting on others blog you are building relationships and from there you may get backlink.
4. Forum posting is a good way.
5. By Guest posting.
6. From editable wiki pages.
7. Yahoo! Answers.
8. Submit your blog to a web directory.
9. Guest post signature.
Well in this blog ‘’understanding backlink and implementation” you learn what is backlink, what is the importance of backlink and how to do it. But the process doesn’t end there.
Google actively penalize a website for making backlink without knowing google terms and conditions. So things to keep in mind while backlink.
1. Do not use automatic direct submission tactics. Google treat is spamming.
2. Try to build backlink from your relevant website. Otherwise, your domain authority will go down. For example, if you are writing about technology then do not build backlink in a health topic related website.
3. Think about quality over quantity. Hundreds of low-quality backlinks may not be useful as a high-quality backlink. How do you determine that? Check PR ranking for a website from which you are getting a backlink. There are lots of websites, for your reference you can use PRchecker.info for PR rating and check Alexa ranking from alexa.com.
Tricks to make things faster.
You can use www.backlinkwatch.com to know your competitors status. Type your compactors URL there and see from which site they are getting a backlink. And try to do the same for your site by following those site.
If you want to recognize, you need to work on backlinks. Keep patience, take some time. You will definitely gain traffic. Hoping that this Understanding backlinks and implementation blog will be helpful for you. You are welcome to comment your views so I can help you more.