In this Blog Understanding Content Marketing to Drive Traffic, you will get a solid grip of Content Marketing. If you are a blogger, then you are in right place. At the end of this blog, some links for content marketing are also given.
What is content marketing?
Content marketing is a strategy which builds strong relationship with a targeted audience for the longer term by creating value with relevant content, consistently. And attract valuable client for business growth.
It simply means
- Relationship with the targeted audience should be long term focused.
- Need to create value with your content so that viewers should find helpful.
- Content should relevant to viewer’s needs.
- Content should publish consistently.
- This process should attract viewers who will turn into a profitable client.
Difference between SEO and content marketing for better understanding content marketing to drive traffic.
Both SEO and content marketing help for business growth and drive traffic. But there is difference. Before we start to differentiate, let’s understand what is SEO?
SEO is short from of Search Engine Optimization. SEO strategies help rank higher a webpage in a search engine. A better SEO strategy actually rank higher a Keyword in search engine thus a webpage ranks higher and drive traffics.
It helps search engine some different ways,
- By Optimizing on page element.
- By Using local keyword.
- By improving the user experience.
- By building high-quality links.
- By Maintaining social media presence.
- Content marketing target audience only potential customer related to content but SEO target audience in general viewers who search the keyword.
- For content marketing, better content is must (content is king) but SEO needs better keyword strategies.
- Content contains Keyword but keyword lies in content.
- Content marketing’s main goal is customer acquisitions and SEO’s goal is to drive traffic.
Why is content marketing necessary?
Suppose you are a photographer and you are thinking to perform better as well as want to create brand value next year. Then next steps are…
- Analyze your skills and performance area.
- Examine what will create value for performance.
- What will be the cost effective way to do it?
Let’s continue the example in depth, you are skilled in wedding photography and you want more potential client. You start a blog and publish post and photo frequently. Eventually those blog post start rank higher in search engine. Those who are interested in photography they might contact you to know how do you do it? Solve their problem. And the other one who want to hire photographer they might also contact you.
Now after few month you will have..
- By solving other’s problem, you will have some follower.
- With beautiful photos and post, you have potential client.
- Both of above point will give you some reference.
- Eventually, your frequently posting habit will create brand value among all of them.
Advantages of content marketing.
Finally, content marketing will
- Attract attention and generate leads.
- Expand customer base.
- Increases sales.
- Acquire Better customer who is more loyalty.
- Increase brand value and credibility.
- Engage online community of users.
Essential components for content marketing.
Content Marketing is impossible without great content.
If you consider yourself as a bad writer then I am going to assure you, you are not as bad as you think. And writing content is not hard. Follow the next steps and observe yourself how easy it is.
Firstly, decide the content of your topic.
- Search on google.
- Select some search result.
- Read all the result just.
- Highlight you some important point while reading.
- Note it down in word or any document program.
Now go through the point what you already noted down. Just try to explain all those points as per your credibility. Eventually, you will find the fun.
How to do content marketing?
Content marketing is based on creating a content, distributing and sharing so that you can…..
- Engage audience
- Generate leads
- Improve brand value.
Some steps to follow to get those results.
1. Proper research: It needs proper research to understand the market and your ideal client’s problem. The research will help you to create content as per client’s demand instead what you think about audience’s demand.
2. Catchy headline: You want to generate some lead who could be a future client. To do it you need a headline which will explain what your content is about? And viewers want to click it.
3. An effective call to action: With you content campaign, viewers need to understand what the next step is. The more value you deliver to your content strategy the better likely client will engage.
4. More case studies: More case studies will increase your content value. With case studies, customer will find their needs in your content.
5. Visual content: Visual content effective in order to create an inside journey. Sometimes reading and studying is quite boring. It will remove that obstacle to being engaged. To Create visual journey, use….
- Slide share
6. Guest blogging: guest blogging helps to create backlink, increase brand awareness, domain authority and improve search ranking.
7. Content promotion: content promotion makes your content more visible to other. No matter how great your content is but you need to be visible. So content promotion creates a huge impact.
8. Social media: these days almost everybody engaged with social media. Publish your content out there.
9. Email marketing: influence people with email marketing.
10. Submit to content communities. A lot of successful blogger doing this.
11. Creating content promotion ether paid or free.
What is content marketing, what are the difference between content marketing, why it is necessary, essential components of content marketing and how to do it, all those points already discussed in this ‘understanding content marketing to drive traffic’ blog. All the processed which discussed will not work in a day. It needs to continue for a long run. You will improve it day by day.
Here is how to keep improving…..
- Scale up your quality so that content marketing actually works.
- Increase your output. Your output makes your customer being loyal to you.
- Use a variety of content like infographic, photos, chats, videos. Eventually, it will help to scale up your quality.
- Integrate content marketing with social media and being visible to others.
- Grow your email list and start email marketing.
- Create resources to give away when ever some one sign up with email .
If you follow all those steps one-day content marketing will definitely pay off. For a blogger, nothing is more pleasing rather better-performing content. Another blog Advanced blogging tips will help to write a blog to drive traffic.
Some content marketing website links might help you…
Social Media Marketing
Social Media / Public Relations
Marketing – General
Copywriting – Blogs/Blogging
Public Relations / SEO
Search Engine Marketing